Manager- Jessica Kinkelaar
Jessica grew up with a true love and passion for horses. She started riding horses at 4 years old. Jessica went on to take lessons with multiple trainers, but spent the majority of her studying under Boo Gonzolaz- Founder of Missouri Hunter Jumper Organization (MOHJO). Boo trained under and taught the principles of Gordon Wright (known as the “founding father” of hunter-seat horsemanship and author of many equestrian books; including ‘Learning to Ride, Hunt and Show’.) Jessica then participated in clinics with professionals George Morris, Linda Allen, Richard Shrake, Jeff Cook, Joe Fargis, Nick Novak, Mike Henaghan, Frank Madden, and Walter “Jimmy” Lee & Juliana Zunde.
Jessica graduated from William Woods University with a double degree in Equestrian Science and Business Administration. She studied multiple disciplines but specialized in hunter/jumper under the supervision of Linda McClaren. Other influential instructors included Gayle Lampe, Jean Kraus and Laura Ward. Jessica has specialized Course work included; horse show management, teaching techniques, veterinary medicine, equine anatomy and movement, farrier science, Horse Evaluation & Selection, Equine Nutrition, as well as advanced riding classes in multiple disciplines.
Jessica has an extensive and vast equine work experience:
– Volunteered at Equitana, Lexington KY, and Therapeutic Horsemanship, Columbia MO
– Coordinated as Head director for multiple summer camps at several barns- putting together itineraries, developing teaching strategies for all ages, and incorporating riding skills with core fundamental knowledge of horses and the industry.
– Worked several summers for the St. Louis carriage company; driving Percherons and carriages along the Mississippi River riverfront, Historic Lacledes Landing and throughout the downtown city, giving historic tours, handling and caring for the draft horses.
– Judged as a Hunter Judge for Dublin Farms Ltd. Shows.
– Managed a large Breeding farm- working with young horses, broodmares and show horses. Competing with the green horses at their first competitions and developing them through the levels.
– Trained and managed at Ridgefield Arena. Taught over 100 students- daily lessons, taking students to away shows, overseeing care and training of horses, competed on sales horses, as well as clients horses in multiple levels of both hunter and jumper throughout the region, including the St. Louis National Equestrian Center, Bridlespur Hunt, Kentucky Horse Park and Irish Fox Series. Helping to develop and host series of A-rated charity shows, voted as the best horse show of the year by MHSA (Missouri Horse Show Association) for multiple years in a row.
-Worked under the Tredennick family at Wood Run Farm and operated the Colorado boarding and training location. Jessica spent her time overseeing the facilities, rehabbing injured horses, handling babies, hosting bi-yearly shows, as well as clinics. She set up charity events with donations being made to Harmony Equine Center, Colorado Unwanted Horse Alliance, Dumb Friends League, Promise Ranch Therapeutic Riding, USEF Equine Disaster Relief fund, as well as the DE Task Force. Wood Run Farm was ranked the #1 boarding facility 2013 Castle Rock Awards
– And now at Little Raven Ranch where she hopes to continue utilizing her experience to establish it as a successful high-class boarding and training operation.
Jessica’s passion and love for the horses shows in the individual attention and care she gives each one, as well as the desire and motivation to create a productive environment for all.
Jessica can be reached on her cell phone 636-352-3881 or email email@example.com or contact us now through our website!